Saturday, February 22, 2014

And , we're back!!! GO CANADA GO!

Wow.. I haven't put up a post for eons.  Sorry about that!  Life must have gotten in the way again. :)

Well, it has been a ride the last couple of years.  I managed to land a fantastic job at a Shannex Retirement Residence called Parkland At The Gardens in Halifax, NS.  What a spot it is!! - a hotel with a retirement focus basically.  I started back before the building opened .. my position: Chauffeur!  It has been just over a year now and the building is about 75% occupied. (Need more info?- check out that website).  I still drive part-time for Ambassatours though.. can't give up my Driver-Guide gig :)

It is funny how things work out.. I have always loved to drive, as you know, and back when I got my Class 2 license which allowed me to get a job driving a school bus then opened the door to tour buses. Throughout all of this I always looked for Chauffeur positions and this one popped up in the newspaper.  What could be better?! - driving seniors from Parkland to appointments and back as required Monday to Friday.

I consider myself semi-retired and although this should mean half the day off I find helping seniors (as a senior) quite gratifying and fulfilling.  I have met so many fantastic people and the advantage over tourists is that I see these people every day not just once.

On a personal note I keep a journal which I am calling "Memoirs of a Chauffeur" - all names withheld for privacy.  I'll publish it soon :)  Hope I can count on your support.

On another front, I learned I had high blood pressure and after the first try at the gym  (Let them know I sent you?  I'll get a T-shirt :)) I managed to get it down but then even the gym wasn't helping enough so I am on meds for it.  I had blood tests for blood sugar and when I found out I was borderline Diabetic back to the gym I went.  That is one medication I DO NOT want to spend the rest of my life taking.  So my goal is to lose 50 pounds and drop all meds.  Think I can???

Well it is a beautiful sunny Saturday morning and I think I will head to the gym for my cardio workout then pick up my son.

Please let me know how you are??

All the best -and if you are watching the Olympics - GO CANADA GO!!!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment