Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Break rolls into Spring 2010

March 21, 2010

Yesterday, Saturday, March 20, at approximately midnight was the official first day of spring for 2010 (in the Northern Hemisphere) and wasn't it great?  The winter seemed to fly by with very little to worry about in the way of storms.  I swept the last one away.  But I met someone on my nightly power walk who commented that it may be a season of tropical storms and hurricanes if we keep getting warmer.  That could be true. Global warming might be so.

It was a good week.  I did manage to get out and see a few people about eating healthy Xocai chocolate but it wasn't the best week to bother people in my mind.  In the meantime I started the process of a planning a new business (brick and mortar type).  Traveling around looking at commercial real estate makes a guy feel rather important.  But I was made to make, and plan to make a difference so maybe that means I am important. (Boasting unintended).  With any luck I'll open the doors early June.  I'll keep you posted.

I talked with Ambassatours Gray Line this week.  How I miss the old days of double decker with GPS commentary.  But things have picked up.  You heard about Ambassatours Gray Line driving our athletes around at the 2010 Olympics I hope?  What an honor that must have been for our drivers and owners of Ambassatours Gray Line to be sure.  They brought back some new buses (articulated).  I might get a chance to drive one, along with one of several new double deckers, on cruise ship days, just to help out.  It is always fun showing off the beautiful city of Halifax.

I have not missed any gym sessions with Ashley.  She worked the sweat out of me last Thursday - wow - lots of cardio.  I was happy to tell her that my doctor took my blood pressure and it is even lower than 6 months ago.  I "clocked in" at 130/78 - BELOW normal as far as he was concerned.  Good workouts, good food, and good chocolate are the reasons I am positive!  (But I digress!) 

Ashley first let me finish 15 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 MPH, then we put together a step up system ( 4 risers) and I did three sets of 2 minutes stepping, and 12 squats.  My heart was pounding good after that.  Then it was some sitting rows (3 sets of 12 with 55 pounds), and we moved to shoulder presses (3 sets of 12 at 40 pounds).  I was a lather :)  The last couple of exercises were the plank - actually helps with the stabilizer muscles, and then back on the tread mill for a "hill" workout to "cool down".  One and a half hours after my stretching.  I felt perfectly fine!  The only thing I'll miss is Ashley though.. she has to leave for another gym and I only have maybe 3 more sessions with her. :(

So, welcome to Spring and a new week.  May this start a prosperous journey into the best of 2010!

Remember to ReFocus! Eat good! Stay Fit!

Paul
PaulTingley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment