Friday, October 02, 2009

Cardio mixed with weights is a well rounded workout

Workout Update - October 2009

It has been a wonderful experience working through the 'cracks and snaps and burns' as I get in better shape at Nubodys. Here are my current workout programs when I don't have Ashley ( less the whip) poking me along :~)

I alternate from Lower body to Upper body each time I go. Ashley adds things in each week.

The word WITH is critical in the list. I 'super-set' or work either side of a muscle group faster this way. The THEN adds cardio of a different type. The OR is an alternative based on the combination already used.

LOWER BODY

CARDIO: Treadmill – 10 minute warm-up (2.8) then 10 minutes on bike or elliptical
Squats – 3 sets of 15 with Back Extensions – 3 sets of 12
Hamstring Curls (65 lb) - 3 sets of 12 with Leg Extensions (50 lbs) - 3 sets of 12
Bike – 3 sets - 2 mins. at 80 RPM (Level 6) with Leg Press (140) – 3 sets of 12
STRETCH!


UPPER BODY

CARDIO: Treadmill – 10 minute warm-up (2.8) then 10 minutes on bike or elliptical
Crunches – 3 sets of 12 with Push ups – 3 sets of 15
Pull-ups with Dips (150 lbs) – 3 sets of 12 each
OR Lat Pull Down (60 lbs) – 3 sets of 12 with step ups (tip: don't do lat pulls after pullups and dips)
Seated row (40 lbs) – 3 sets of 12 with Side Bends (15 lbs) – 3 sets of 12
Shoulder Press (25 lbs) – 3 sets of 12 with Bicep Curls (15 lbs) – 3 sets of 12
STRETCH!

I hope you enjoy a happy fall season and remember to eat well and stay fit!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment