Friday, November 05, 2010

November Update

Remember November

Hi and welcome to another weekend.

Another cruise ship season came to an end last Saturday.  Charters have lessened and late fall and winter are ushering themselves in with wind and rain and early nights - short days.  We'll set our clocks back an hour this weekend  - that will help in the morning but oh those dark drives home at suppertime.  But alas it happens every year.

I started my gym routine again - I found going back helps give me something to do and also will keep me in shape over the winter months.  My blood pressure is normal and I want to keep it that way.

Today my GoodLife workout consisted of mostly cardio with push ups and crunches thrown in the middle to make up a good 1 hour workout.  The treadmill started me off for 15 minutes at 3.2 speed.  Three sets of 12 push ups and 3 sets of 12 crunches felt awesome!  Then back on the treadmill with a "hill" routine (speed 3, level 6, incline 6) to help spike up the heart rate more.  Some stretching afterward and I was done for the third day this week.  To me this was a milestone and a baseline for future visits.

As I've always said before - eat good, sleep good, and exercise - it will be your lifeline to the next level of your age.

Stay fit!

Oh, by-the-way.. what exercises would you do for a well rounded 1 hour workout??  Love to know.

Until next time Lest We Forget! Remember our vets please.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment