Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday Workout

Ahh., it was goood!

Today Ashley had me booked for 10:30 a.m. at Nubodys.  I drank half a can of Verve when I arrived at about 10:10 and after changing, and getting some water in my bottle, I made my way (almost by habit now) to the treadmill. 

My starting heart rate was awesome today .. a low 99 bpm compared to the stressful days of last week.  This vacation is nice (maybe I should just forget about work :~)).  I pressed the quick start button, got the speed to 3.0 and after a couple of minutes up to 3.5.  That got things pumping! Got the rate to 140-145 bpm.. felt great!  After a good 15 minutes, I pressed the cool down button (3 minutes) and Ashley arrived beside the treadmill just as the belt stopped.  As is common these days I wiped down the machine before we headed off. 

First exercise, three sets of 12 chest flys followed by 12 deltoid flys.   They are great for the upper back and chest.  I am not sure what weight she had me set at, but it burned on the last set - that's what she aims for.

We made our way to a central area where there is quite a length of space to walk.  Walking lunges this time. I did a 3 sets of 10-12 lunges followed by 12 squats.  Wow!! I felt that in my legs, front and back.

That was 30 minutes but she advised that I get 15 minutes of cardio in.  So, back to the treadmill and 3.0 for 15 minutes.  I stretched out my back and hamstrings and quads.

That was one really good hour of working out.  I washed up, changed and headed home.  But before I left I finished off that can of Verve.  It feels good to eat, drink and exercise sensibly.

Hope your routines are getting easier.

ReFocus! Stay fit!
Bye for now
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment