Saturday, October 11, 2008

** Keep It Going **

Keep it going

October 11th. Today was the last official day for me driving for the season at Ambassatours Gray Line. Hilton Garden Inn Airport will allow me to start back as a shuttle driver (see my yahoo group) over the off-season - thank goodness!

I remember last October. I had finished the year, started a course, dropped a course and was unemployed all winter (on EI). It was the hardest winter I have ever lived through. But I lived through it. It was a serious lesson for me: Keep it going.

So, unlike 2007, I am employed and am so very thankful for that. I met a lot of new drivers and guides at Ambassatours this year. But there is something missing - it's hard to explain really - it used to be fun getting up, hopping into a double decker or coach and driving happy vacationers around. But the people politics and the lack of concern for seniority seemed to disappear. I am not sure if it was intentional, but I do know I felt more distressed than blessed this year. Maybe a winter shuttling will help me think about what to do in 2009 - I'll keep you posted on that.

By-the-way, I found an awesome alternative to stuff like Red Bull and the like. It is called Verve from Veema. It is amazing how much energy you get from one can without the huge kick and without any "thud" after it wears off. The energy is healthy - not near the caffeine or sugar as in the other stuff; just good vitamins and minerals and a 'special ingredient'. (Check it out).

So, until next time, have a great fall and prepare for winter.

Keep it going!

Paul
@home

No comments:

Post a Comment