Sunday, August 24, 2008

** Decisions to please Daddy ** ????

Wow - another summer is almost history

In Nova Scotia students go back to school next week (Wednesday Sept 3rd - some Sept 2nd). When you ask any boy or girl if they are looking forward to it some can't wait, others cringe at the mere thought of crossing the threshold of an educational institution. (I remember feeling that way every living school day). But if you look around your community it is obvious the boys and girls need to get back to routine tasks and back with school mates and friends. They have WAY to much free time to cause problems looking for ways to fight their boredom. Boring is the word of the day near the end of the summer. "I'm bored" - "this is boring" - "there's nothing to do." Don't you wish you could say that? ha ha

I am still driving shuttles for the Hilton and believe me there are no boring moments. I was working it full-time while waiting for Ambassatours to ramp up to peak cruise ship season - and its here -September/October are non-stop ships; so I will make Hilton my part-time job and Ambassatours will be my full-time job. I have a feeling Ambassatours will take up most of my time until the end of October then become charters for universities after that. A couple days at the Hilton a week will fill in the gaps.

One needs to pay bills - this has to be the way.

Here is something extremely deep about me. I wonder if you've been in this situation. For years and even into this later stage in my life I have been making decisions making sure my Dad was happy with it. Each one has been ok but was what he felt would work for me. I ended up changing jobs often with this happening each time - me explaining myself to my Dad - but yesterday I told him I "had to make a decision for me". Of course I haven't heard back from him on that (here I go again). Ever want to satisfy your parents so much that your work decisions make you unhappy but pleases them? Thats what I am caught in now.

If you can shed light on this problem please do so. By-the-way my both parents back me up on everything I do, but have a day when they spell out their worry.

Whatever you are doing make sure you enjoy it - make your hobbie your job - that can make all the difference in the world!

Paul
And hey, enjoy what is left of summer and dive into Autumn with a vengence.

No comments:

Post a Comment